Monday, October 20, 2008

Old Friends and Family

Well I guess I should write something for October. On Saturday the 18th I got together with an old friend. I have not see her in 22 years. Oh, I guess I shouldn't really say that. It pretty much dates me, doesn't it. Oh well I am old. Any way we had so much fun talking about everyone we know and what they are doing. We sat there for 3 hours. We could have stayed all night but my kids started calling me and wanting me to come home. We have another friend who lives here that we were going to get with but she was out of town. We are going to try to get together ever other month. I hope we do, I was nice to sit and chat and to hear about all the people she has stayed in contact with. The family, is my older sister Kodie. We do not get to see her very often. In fact up until 6 years ago, I had no idea where or how she was, they were missing to my family. I finily found her and found out she had another boy who was 12years old. I knew about her first son but not her second. Any way her and her new husband went to florida and they stoped here and then went back to Jackson. So yesterday we got to spend about 6 hours with them. It was so nice and I have missed her and I am glad she is in my life again. My kids now know who she is and what she looks like. We do not talk alot but at least I know where she is and that she is ok. Well this is getting long and I am sure you are all asleep, so I am going to go for now. I don't know when I will be back. I really am not very good about blogging.

7 comments:

Christa said...

Tina....is it really you? ;0)

Trust me, I didn't fall asleep reading this. I did, however, faint when I saw that you had posted something new.

It is fun to reconnect with old friends. I didn't realize that you weren't in contact with your sister for so long. I hope the two of you are able to keep in better contact.

Jillene said...

WOW--2 long lost bloggers in one night--I don't know how to behave (you and Jami posted tonight)!! It is a DOWN RIGHT MIRACLE!!

I am glad that you met up with you friend and all went well--I told you that you had nothing to worry about!!

I am also glad that you got to spend some quality time with your sister--it's a good thing!!

Kristen said...

Wow 6 years huh? How great to be able to reconect with her. I didn't fall asleep reading your post it was awesome to hear from you! I hope you see your cute friend a lot more!

Amy said...

It is good to have you back. I love when I find old friends and get to reconnect. How many sisters do you have? I knew you had one older sister, is this the one or is it a different one?

Bobie said...

I'm glad you got to reconnect with some loved ones. We miss you in the bloggin world.

Tina's Treasures said...

Amy- I have three sisters two that are older then me. You meet Kodie a long time ago. When I lived with you and your mom. remember when I was your primary teacher and we went and had a sleep over at my uncles apartment. She was there. Laurie is the oldest and Nicole is the youngest.

{Rebecca Fellows} said...

Yay, Tina! I'm glad you posted again. I had a friend several years ago. She moved and we lost contact. I kept having dreams that I would find her. A few years ago, we went to Disney World and lo and behold, I ran into her there and we exchanged information. The dreams stopped! It's so great to re-connect with an old friend! Keep blogging, friend!